Re: PPlay Release

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Christian Reiniger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>>Well, I don't know about the different licenses. The only one I've ever
>>read is GPL/LGPL. Zombie is now under GPL, and I have the copyright notice
>>in every damn file, so I hope GPL is compatible with what was decided
>>upon. I do read this list, but do not participate in the discussions that
>>much.
>
>Well, GPL is compatible with very much nothing. The X license essentially
>says "do anything what you want with the code, but give us credit".
>More or less the least-trouble license.

Well, I remember some time ago I got critizised on this list for my choice
of license. But, it was because I decided to put the runtime libraries for
Zombie under GPL and not LGPL. At that time nobody said a word about X-,
Artistic- or BSD-licenses. Changing the license in every file should
basically be a big 'find' with a little bit of 'sed' thrown in, but
currently I have more important things to do, such as try to figure out
what 'autoconf' really does... :-)

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream