IRC meeting

Hi,

I tried to summarize the things discussed upto now about the big
meeting (and, as well added some ;):

Weīll need three basic versions of the announcement/invitations:

A. The main Announcement
--------------------
posted on c.o.l.a., comp.games.programming, alt.games.programming etc

Contents:

(1) Topics and Goals of the meeting:
  * Get an impression what is needed to attract professional game developers
  * coordinate the efforts
  * discuss the future "strategy"

(2) Date, Time, server, channel of the meeting

(3) List of the current projects

PenguinPlay
	http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/
LinuxGames
	http://www.linuxgames.com/
Linux Game Tome
	http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/tlau/tome/
GGI
	http://www.ggi-project.org/
CrystalSpace
	http://www.grimmware.com/CrystalSpace/
SDL
	http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/
Linux Game Development Page
	http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames/
Linux game development webring
	http://www.kcdata.com/~mack-10/
Daryll Straussī Linux 3D page
	http://glide.xxedgexx.com/
MGL
	http://www.scitechsoft.com/dp_mgl.html
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
	http://alsa.jcu.cz/
GAMES - GNU Animation Multimedia Entertainment System
	http://members.xoom.com/bitwize/
Linux Game Programming Megasite
	http://www.kc.net/~mack-10/
Linux Game Programming HowTo
	<dont know right now>

(4) Who will be there?

* PPlay developers
* at least one GGI developer
* professional game developers (as many as possible)
* evtl. Mesa people (?)
* evtl. ALSA people (?)
* other linux gaming "activists" (see the other homepages)
* ppl providing libs for cross-platform devel (SDL etc)

(5) Organizational notes

* Meeting will be logged; the raw log will appear immediately afterwards on
our homepage, an edited log and summary will appear 1-2 days later
* (not sure here) It would be nice if ppl gave a note what project/compayny
they/re in (if they are, that is).

B. Invitation for related projects
----------------------

(1) Something about joining efforts, better coordination etc <g>

(2) The main announcement attached

C. Invitation for professional Game developers

(1) Short intro about why we need them there and that itīs not for blaming
them for not already having released linux ports

(2) The main announcement attached

Well, yep. Thatīs all for now. See you all tonight.

Cu
	Christian