Fwd: Re: Are you still alive?

Hooooorayy!! PenguinSound is Aliveee!!!

(Well, almost ....)

----------  Mail forwarded (Author is Sherman Mui)...  ----------
Subject: Re: Are you still alive?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:41:18 -0700
From: Sherman Mui <moooster@uclink4.berkeley.edu>

Hi Christian,

Yeah, sorry about that. I've been following the pplay
mailing list (well, skimming it). I'm extremely busy right
now with summer school and work.

There are very few people still left in the sound team. I
contacted them all directly (via email) about a month ago.
Since I don't foresee myself finding any free time, I asked
2 months ago if anyone would take over the sound team. Eelke
eventually said he'd do it. He's on vacation right now and
should be gone for 2 - 4 weeks still.

Our webmaster for the sound page (Josh) said he's extremely
busy but will maintain the web site if we send him updates
(but he hasn't moved it to the new server though).

No one else responded or if they did said they no longer
have time to put into the project.

Eelke has a new plan for the sound stuff. I'll let him
detail it when he gets back. Personally, I think something
needs to be done about the sound kernel stuff. It seems very
dated. GSI could be promising if it more closely went in the
direction GGI is going, but I'm very out of touch with the
GSI project. The last I saw of their stuff wasn't terribly
interesting. I think we should someone from that team into
the IRC session.

As for me I'll stick around on the sound team and if time
permits, help Eelke with coding.

	Sherman