Re: Probably a FAQ

Sorry for the long delay.

Day, Jem BGI WAL wrote:
>M$ provide the DirectPlay API set to 'ease'
>the provision of network games/chat rooms/servers
>etc. Are there any plans to produce something
>similar for Linux or have i just found myself
>a project ???

*grin*

Well, there *are* some, but I don't know how well they are suited to your
needs.
The "Zombie" engine works and runs rather nicely, but its author stopped
development on it due to lack of interest. The pages should be still up
however (http://infa.abo.fi/~chakie/zombie/).
And then there's Apple's OpenPlay system which is AFAIK now (more or
less?) open source as well.

Hope that helps...

	Christian