Slashdot discussion, re games/quake3

 Thought those that aren't slashdot regulars might like to look at:
http://www.slashdot.org/articles/99/02/19/1723241.shtml
 and the article it refers to which is at:
http://linuxpower.org/display_item.phtml?id=105

 The linuxpower article is an interview with Dave "Zoid" Kirsch,
who is doing the Linux port of QuakeIII, and he discusses some of
the problems/limitations of games under linux. His comment on the
sound code was interesting..

 Also came across the "Linux Standard Game Base Project":
http://home.wxs.nl/~xer.xes/
 It's a preliminary set of 'standard stuff' to expect on a linux
system for game developers.
 And yes, I asked him to put the PenguinPlay site onto his links..

Errol

btw, I think the PPlay demo game is an excellent idea..