To do, or not to do a coding coding convention?

I'd like to know what people think about introducing a stricter coding
convention to PenguinPlay.

I won't go into my arguments for thinking this is a good idea, as I believe
I have more or less pounded the issues I can think of to death in one my
previous emails (the long one), where I also at the same time present how I
think introducing a coding convention, and finding out what it should
actually be, is best done.

I also believe I've made it quite clear that everybody are more or less
doing what they feel like as regards to how to code, with the exception of
the few and very open conventions mentioned in coding.html. In some rare
cases, not even this convention is followed (it says this in coding.html
too).

Now, my question to everybody is wheter or not you really think this is a
problem. If you don't, then of course an agree-upon coding convention is
completely pointless. If you do, however, then a coding convention is the
only possible remedy.

Well... Do you think inconsistency in coding style is a problem worth doing
something about or not?