Re: Had a look at ppf_DirTree

Bjarke Hammersholt Roune wrote:

>The current implementation of ppf_DirTree can handle a preconstructed tree
>by passing it the root node of this tree. ppf_DirTree becomes read-only in
>this case, though (why?). This can easily be implemented with this

Because if the preconstucted tree doesn't satisfy the "search tree" or
"balanced" requirements changing it could get very messy. Reading would
simply return wrong values sometimes, but writing could seriously break
things.
I'll have a second look at this when I'll implement the overloading thing
however...

>is implemented, though; some implementations wouldn't need a sort). Just
>mounting a pak file that didn't overlap with any other pak files would not
>cause a sort as it would already be sorted before it was written to the pak
>file (right?).

For format 0, yes. format 1 stores all dir entries in an unsorted linked
list, so at mounting time there has to be done some sorting. But format 1
paks won't be very big anyway, so this doesn't matter.

	Christian