Re: Porting Epic's Unreal to Linux?

Steve Bergman wrote:

>What would really help the community is a simple
>"how-to-port-your-game-to-Linux" FAQ which organises all of that UNIX
>and
>API mumbo-jumbo for people who just want to get their hands dirty and
>port a
>game...

[...]

>Seems like this is right down PenguinPlay's alley.

Well, we try to design PenguinPlay´s APIs so that game programmers won´t
have to use any system-specific stuff any more <grin>, but basically you´re
right.

I don´t think we can create some useable FAQ before PenguinPlay itself gets
useable (or at least before GGI, ALSA etc are useful enough), but we would
love to see the guys (and girls?) from Epic etc on our mailing lists, giving
us some insight into what is really needed.

So it´s IMHO a good thing putting a link to PPlay on your webpage and to
encourage all game developers worldwide to help us make the best SDK ever
(and thus help us make their life much easier ;)

Cu
	Christian