Re: Input team resurrection

Stephane Peter wrote:

>> But it's surely better to extend libgii & build some app around it than to
>> rewrite everything from scratch.
>
>Why not. You can as well use the existing libGII in that daemon after all if
>it serves the purpose.

That's what I meant ;)

>> Yup, but if your system should be capable of handling multiheaded setups
>> you need some controlling code in the kernel.
>
>I don't see why we should bother about multihead in mouse/joystick drivers ?

Well, IMHO multiheaded setups will become more common (the G400 already has
two monitor ports for example), so if we do want to do it properly we have
to take that into account.

>Even though several of those may be plugged at the same time, I don't see why
>you would need any form of special kernel support for that.

Well, some instance has to do the device-to-(virtual)console mapping. And
the only instance knowing enough and having enough control is the kernel.

	Christian