[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PenguinPlay IRC meeting (The big one)
Steffen Seeger wrote:
>> >someone from the PenguinPlay project contacted me some time ago
>> >to participate on a meeting with industry-officials to learn
>> >about their needs in a game API. This was planned around
>> >beginning of September. Any news (exact date/time/location) on that?
>> We're doing some major reorganization of our projects, so that meeting will
>> have to be delayed a bit (late September seems to be realistic). Please see
>> for details - it's too much to explain here.
>Well, any news on the big IRC meeting?
Well, yes - and no ;) The news is that it is delayed further, without an
estimation on the "when" this time. This is more or less the current "plan":
* Get the Linux Game Development Center Homepage (the current working
version is on a temporary site: http://games.tudols.com/) into a somehow
representative state (1-4 weeks)
* As soon as this is done, post an announcement of it to Slashdot or
Freshmeat and some newsgroups. We hope this will bring us much more
attention - and with that many more desperately needed developers.
* code, code, code. In other words: make the game SDKs (or at least their
major parts) actually usable. Not neccessarily a "final", but usable.
* Post an editorial on Linux Game Development to gamasutra.com, containing
the invitation to The Big Meeting about 2 weeks later.
* The Big Meeting
* cheer about the overvhelming mass of positive reactions from the
commercial people ;)
While this "plan" is much slower than the older one(s), it's in our opinion
The Right Thing To Do (TM) ;)
Troi, report to my room. Clothing optional