Re: PakFiles

> 3) The current file format doc states that, if a file has both "compressed"
> and "encrypted" flags set, it's been compressed first, then encrypted. But a
> friend told me that, depending on the encryption algo, the resulting data
> can be larger than the original - despite compression. So the format should
> allow for both compress-then-encrypt and encrypt-then-compress. I think an
> additional "compressed-first" flag is appropriate for this. Comments?

Definitely make it an option.  Depending on the encryption and compression
algorithm, the known quantity of a compressed header can help break the
encryption.  So there are reasons to go both ways. :)

> PS: The major parts of the PakFile compiler tool now compile. Individually.
> In an isulated environment. With egcs 1.1. I hope I'll have the remaining
> code for a first version ready this weekend so I can attempt to actually
> link things together and run it ;)

Congrats! :)

Things are progressing nicely with SDL here. :)
See http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/download.html if you want. :)

See ya!
	-Sam Lantinga				(slouken@devolution.com)

--