Re: Memory allocators

Bjarke Hammersholt Roune wrote:
>>Hmm, right. Win has very bad memory management. But for Unices it will work
>>fine.
>>
>You can't do this at compile-time, though. We'll have to tell people to run
>the program and set up a preprocessor symbol, if they want maximum
>effeciency.

Wrong. That's what autoconf is for. We just tell autoconf about that
program, and when people run ./configure prior to compiling (the standard
procedure) it will also run that program and set the appropriate
preprocessor symbol in config.h
Autoconf is one of the loveliest development tools you can run across ;)

	Christian