Re: [pygame] Alpha blending

I myself have a few problems related to alpha blending
but it is related to surface created with Font.render

Basically, if i antialias my text i get a free per pixel alpha (it looks
like) but I cannot apply a global alpha on the surface.
If I do not antialias my text i do not manage to get a transparent
background but then the global alpha works?

Have some other people experimented with font renderers?

I am looking at early prototypes of my Hashigo (no more Hashido since it
looks I understood wrongly)
- I have a generic wipe that can move any kind of surface on a double
buffered screen. Right now, it is really smooth!
I did not make any complicated wipe but I still encountered another
trouble.

I try to blit a Surface into the screen with a bit of the original surface
being offscreen at the top left. I was surprised to see that the clipping
only works in the bottom right!
Basically unless the topleft of the surface to blit into the screen is in
the screen, nothing will be blit!

But on the average... I am happy!

last, I had some trouble compiling the SMPEG library so I left it aside
but it looks very similar to what exists for music.mixer
and would be then easy to integrate. If I find a bit of time, I will try
to do it.

cheers,

Guillaume