[pygame] diff betn interactive and non-interactive scripts

Hi,

I just started playing around with the pygame.mixer module, and found
this quirk. In the interactive session, the following works (ie. it
playes the wav file) :

"""
$ python
Python 2.2 (#2, Feb 25 2002, 20:10:48)
[GCC 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.
>>> import pygame.mixer
>>> pygame.mixer.init()
>>> sf = pygame.mixer.Sound('test/test.wav')
>>> sf.play()
<Channel object at 0x814f798>

"""

But, if I put these exact same lines into a script and run it from the
same python interpreter (2.2), it does not play it.

"""
$ python test.py
$ cat test.py
import pygame.mixer
pygame.mixer.init()
sf = pygame.mixer.Sound('test/test.wav')
sf.play()
"""

Why is this ? The only thing I noticed was that in the first
(interactive) case, it would print <Channel object ...>, and only after
a small amount of time, start playing the file.

Is that delay of any consequence ?

I hope my question has been clear enough. I hope to use pygame to build
a music player (I couldn't find any on the pygame.org site), but so far
my efforts haven't been too successful :-(

Thanks !

pv.
--
Prahlad Vaidyanathan  <http://www.symonds.net/~prahladv/>

The next person to mention spaghetti stacks to me is going to have
his head knocked off.
		-- Bill Conrad