Re: [pygame] Network game programming with python

And if one would not want to go the Twisted way, it's fairly easy to do
normal socket programming yourself. Especially if your game doesn't rely
on huge amounts of messages per second it's pretty trivial to do a little
something that sends ascii data. I for one am not too inclined on giving
up total control of the main loop and let some unknown entity handle it,
but people call me old fashioned and narrow minded. :)

But I also assume Twisted is/will be intergrated into the Python standard
library sooner or later, so that will make Twisted come "for free" without
an additional dependency for the players, but until it is, it's an extra
hassle for players.

--

             Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods