Re: [pygame] Problem loading TGA images from StringIO

On Apr 5, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Josh Segall wrote:

I'm trying to have my game use a zipped file instead of loading from a
data directory. This should be possible by wrapping zip data in
StringIO objects. My image files are in TGA format and when I try to load
them, I get the following error:
Have you considered using png files instead of a zip file of otherwise uncompressed bitmaps? The compression will be the same or better, and the format is sane. I can also attest to the fact that it is well supported by pygame in a typical configuration.

-bob