[pygame] Question: win32com pygame and py2exe

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer in this list or on the net.

How can I get win32com installed with the rest of my exe, which currently contains everything else to run my game? If I comment out the calls to win32com, the game runs fine.

I've installed the win32all extensions for python. When I run py2exe, it can't find 'win32com.shell'. I've tried importing just win32com, but py2exe. I've tried to find the dll that seems to contain the code required, but no luck. I assume I might be able to force inclusion into the dist folder with a setup.py script command, but I don't know which files to include.

The only functionality I need, is to be able to ask Windows for specific folders across the various versions of that OS. I would happily use alternate code that doesn't require win32com, but I can't find any.

Perhaps someone here can offer a solution.

Keith Nemitz
mousechief.com