Re: [pygame] The Riley book

Stefan Elwesthal wrote:

I suppose it's been discussed before, but I'm thinking of buying the Riley book "Game programming with Python". It looks like it could be of real good help to someone like me, amateurish in game-programming.

Anyway, I hesitated when I read online-reviews that claimed it was all about the win32 platform, since I'm a penguin-only man?

Has anyone read it, and what do you think?

Regards
Stefan

Stefan,
I've read it. Its a good basic game programming book. It doesnt go into a lot of specific details but its a good starting point for any game programmer. The software and utilities that come on the CD are only for windows. The book however is not windows specific as it uses python, pygame and pyUI. The examples in the book should run under linux. If you have any specific questions about what is covered in the book let me know. Good luck!

AF