[pygame] Jerky motion in window--not in fullscreen

I'm using pygame + pyopengl to create a scrolling game, and it's working great. In fullscreen, everything is just as smooth as it could possibly be, but I get some stuttering when I run in a window. My game isn't missing frames; I had it log elapsed times during frames and they were all 0 or 1 ms, with a few 2, 3, 4 thrown in, but nothing higher.

Any idea what's going on? I'm running Win2k.