[pygame] graphics freeze when mouse click occurs on windows

Hi,

I am working with a neat pygame application which was developed on Linux. Unfortunately I do only have Windows running on my laptop and there is a little problem:

The application is controlled only using keys - no mouse is needed. As soon as a mouse click occurs or the application window looses otherwise focus the graphics of the application freezes.

Could this be a problem which can be solved without deeper understanding of pygame/sdl? Or is this a common problem? I understand much of the python code but do not know about pygame/sdl.

Thank you in advance
Alex