[pygame] Jython

Does anyone know if pygame can be used from within jython, and if so,
how to set it up? The windows installer wont work, because it looks
for python 2.4, and we tried to install it from source but couldnt get
that to work, either.  Does pygame not work with Jython? I hope that's
not the answer, because I have been working on a game using pygame and
won't be able to keep working with it! I am told that Java can do a
lot of the pygame functions I use, but it'd be nice to have pygame
available too.  I googled jython and pygame, but could not find many
things that actually linked the two together (just sites where they
were both mentioned at some point), and could not find Jython-specific
documentation.  Does anyone have suggestions where I could look or,
better yet, know how to work pygame in Jython?

Thanks a ton!

~Denise