Re: [pygame] Comments System

andrew baker wrote:
I just created a logEvent method in my file_io lib, and I call it via if world.DEBUG: logEvent("className: %s" % (any important data)). Logs it to a file, so it's faster than printing to a terminal.

Your method doesn't sound odd, though I'm wondering why you're passing 'what'. I'd imagine that anything useful would be an attribute of self.

I do that so that in the midst of a function, I can say things like:

self.Comment("Got to this point; current status of local variable spam is: "+str(spam))

And then turn off the comments all at once by saying, "my_object.comments = False".

Kris