Re: [pygame] [PyGame + PyOpenGL] Setting Target Surface

On 4/6/06, Mike Wyatt <mwyatt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I'm guessing that the accumulation buffer method would be faster, but using
> textures should give me more flexibility, right?  I don't think speed will
> be a critical issue, since this technique will only be used for screen
> transitions.

I can't see why there would be a speed difference in terms of just
copying pixels, but who knows... also, there is only one accumulation
buffer, while you can have a lot of textures

 As I understand it, the main advantage of the accumulation buffer is
that it can do simple math ops over it's content, even when pulling
data in/out of it to another buffer, which can be used to do efficient
full screen motion blur or full-screen antialiasing, stuff like that.