Re: [pygame] new Pygame-based framework: qxp

That's a good question =)

Basically I have had some problems with the Sprite class.  It is
likely that I didn't understand it, but I found difficult to have a
changing background below a sprite, and I wasn't comfortable with the
grouping mechanism.  So I implemented my Widget class. Sprite and
Widget are similar classes, so maybe we can have Widget subclass
Sprite in the future...

Then I found that I was implementing the same main loop in all my
games, so I added it to the engine.  Then I wrote some commonly used
widgets.  Then I added an animations system borrowed from Panda3D.

Except for the Widget class, I wouldn't say that qxp makes things
differently than Pygame, it just implements some shortcuts.