Re: [pygame] Calling all game developers - OLPC

Horst JENS wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 20:02 -0400, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
>
>> Calling all game developers! The One Laptop Per Child project needs
>> talented game developers to work on software for the XO laptops. Thanks
>> to a few awesome developers, PyGame is now up and running under Sugar
>> (the OLPC graphical environment) and should be included in the build
>> system shortly. What we need now is games geared towards children in
>> developing areas. Information about PyGame on the XO can be found at
>> http://mailman.laptop.org/pipermail/games/2007-April/000036.html. I
>> would ask anyone interested in either building new games or porting
>> existing ones to join the OLPC games list
>> (http://mailman.laptop.org/mailman/listinfo/games) and discuss your
>> ideas there. This is a chance to have a major impact on the lives of
>> millions of children, as well as work on a unique platform. If you have
>> any questions please don't hesitate to email me, or ask on the games list.
>>
>> --Noah Kantrowitz
>> OLPC Evangelist
>>

> Hi Noah,
> making pygames for the OLPC project is a great idea.
> Could you post to some direct links of how and where to join the project
> (pygame -> olpc)?
> I figure i need to download / set up an emulator to test if my game is
> working on the OLPC-Computer ?
> -Horst

There are several developer images with Sugar preinstalled here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developer_Images. If you are using Linux you
can also install the sugar system directly (see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Installing_Sugar). As for joining,
there isn't really much formalized yet, other than the mailing list I
mentioned. Hope this helps.

--Noah