[pygame] Galcon mods - using pysafe

Hi,

Thanks again to the folks who helped me troubleshoot my pysafe code.  I've now integrated that into Galcon and the game now the ability to create Galcon mods.  Here's the announcement I sent out:

http://www.imitationpickles.org/galcon/download.html

The new mods system in Galcon is in "beta" now. It works, but use it at your own risk! To check it out press 'm' on the main menu (there isn't a clickable link) and you'll be sent to a page where you can see the 3 mods I've included for you to play with. They are a version of the "Classic" game, a map editor, and a mini game called nibbles. All of these mods include full source, so now you can modify those to have different game play different bots, different maps, etc. Over time I'll be adding some guides to the website and more tutorial-like examples to it. For now, you just have some raw stuff to work with.

To add your own mods, go to:
Windows: c:\program files\galcon\mods\
MacOSX: /Applications/Galcon.app/Contents/Resources/mods/
Linux: ./galcon/mods

This is all very *experimental* so things may not work perfectly. Also, since this is in "beta" some of the Galcon API, is subject to change over time. If you find any bugs or problems, please post them to the Galcon forums in the new Mods topic. I'm very excited to see what people are able to build!

... the mods feature is only available to registered Galcon users ... but if you asked me really nicely, I might be able to slip you a reg. code for access to this feature :)

Thanks!
Phil

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.