Re: [pygame] is there any limit of surface size?

Ian Mallett wrote:
On 4/11/08, Thiago Chaves <shundread@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is that:
 * The size of a single dimension, meaning that you can at most get a
 surface of 16384 pixels per 16384 pixels (given that you have enough
 memory to do so)?
 * The total area of the image, meaning that you shouldn't be able to
 instantiate images bigger than 128 pixels per 128 pixels?
 * The total memory used to store the image, in which case, are we
 talking about bits, bytes, kilobytes, kibibytes (=P), megabytes or
 what?
I'm not sure which.
In my Mandelbrot Set Program, I tried to make an image twice the
dimensions of the screen shot, but was unsuccessful, as it was too
big.  Short answer, "yes"
SDL stores surface pitch, width * bytes-per-pixel, in an unsigned 16 bit int. Surface height is a signed 32 bit integer.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>