Re: [pygame] BUG: segfault when blitting surface to itself

On 11 Apr 2008 at 21:33, Marcus von Appen wrote:

Is there some case where blitting a surface on itself might be
desired
or necessary? If not, I'll add a simple check that tests the passed
surface on equality and let blit() throw an exception, if both are
the same.

Its also used by effects, as you can see at:
http://www.pygame.org/pcr/meltdown/index.php

And older games in pygame ( linki commes to mind, first release of
magicor also, I fixed the last for that problem) also used them.

claxo