Re: [pygame] Python and Speed

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:46 PM, FT <chester_lab@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ian,

   I think what you are saying and I agree, is that when someone has fixed
something by going back to C code, then why not make a module for that code.
Thus all you do is insert the C code using a Python/Pygame module name...
So I have a C file TheWeirdAndBoringNameForATitleBecauseICantThinkOfAGoodModuleNameRightNow.c
and I go:
import TheWeirdAndBoringNameForATitleBecauseICantThinkOfAGoodModuleNameRightNow
#later
TheWeirdAndBoringNameForATitleBecauseICantThinkOfAGoodModuleNameRightNow.#function
?
   But slowing down is when it uses the Python interpreter, but why not the
C interpreter? Or make Python code that uses that format, but runs under the
C interpreter? After all, it is all about ease in writing, higher level
language using the lower level code under just a different name for
translation, but normal C code once interpreted or translated...
All that is very true, particularly "After all, it is all about ease in writing, higher level language using the lower level code under just a different name".  I could certainly live with keeping Python based on C as long as it is still fast, like with a C interpreter or what-not, though it will mean Python's continued dependence on C and no chance for competition...
Ian