Re: [pygame] [BUG] pixelarray_test.py reports errors then hangs for Python 2.4.4

On, Wed Apr 16, 2008, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

> Marcus von Appen wrote:
>> On, Wed Apr 16, 2008, Rene Dudfield wrote:
>>

>>> hey,
>>>
>>> you can make a unittest, and then commit to svn.
>>>

>> If you tell me what to test for ;-). The bug sounds more like
>> something happening elsewhere mashing up some memory adresses or so and
>> causing later tests to fail.
>>
>> Regards
>> Marcus
>>
> Sorry, this BUG is a false alarm. When I recompiled Pygame SVN I didn't
> install it for Python 2.4. So the Pygame 1.8.1pre tests were run with
> Pygame 1.8.0release. The tests pass for Pygame 1.8.1pre and Python 2.4.

Not necessarily. Though the crash might have been caused by it as well,
I discovered another bug in the subscript implementation, which might
try to write on memory outside of the pixel memory. Fixed in rev. 1220.

Regards
Marcus