Re: [pygame] Python and Speed

Ian Mallett wrote:
I see the difficulty in speeding it up, but it seems like it can't be that incredibly hard, and I expect that already there are modifications that could be done to Python that simply haven't been.

There are an extremely large number of modifications
that could be made to Python. Only a very small number
of them will result in any improvement, and of those,
all the easy-to-find ones have already been found.

If you want to refute that, you're going to have to
come up with an actual, specific proposal, preferably
in the form of a code patch together with a benchmark
that demonstrates the improvement. If you can't
do that, you're not really in a position to make
statements like "it can't be that hard".

If wishing could make it so, Python would already
be blazingly fast!

--
Greg