Re: [pygame] Python and Speed

-I think it has been thoroughly established that Python cannot be as fast as C.
-As far as algorithms go, intelligence is better, but I hold by using vastly simpler ones to speed development.  Someone just mentioned sorting methods.  In that case, obviously, a little extra coding doesn't hurt, but changing your game's architecture each time an largish optional feature is added is a bad idea.
-I also still hold by wanting Python to be faster.  I don't care if it is impossible; I still want it to be.  I'm not going to give up on Python's great niceness just for a want of some speed.
Ian