Re: [pygame] API draft for vector type

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On, Tue Apr 28, 2009, Lorenz Quack wrote:

> > Casey Duncan <casey@xxxxxxxxxxx>:>
> > Degrees, I'd say. The api should be easy to use and letting users
> > calculate the rad values before is not that intuitive.
>
> I just checked: unfortunately pygame seems to be inconsistent: transform.rotate
> use degrees and draw.arc uses radians.

Which is a problem to get solved. Thus we should stick to degrees.

I thought the standard was to use radians since trig. functions use radians. ( And opengl? )

I'm Curious: if pygame uses degrees, does it end up being faster than if pygame used radians, and the user has to manually convert to degrees? Or is the difference insignificant?

foo(d)
vs
foo(radians(d))

--