Re: [pygame] Determining note duration from midi input

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 3:46 AM, Neilen <nmarais@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

If the midi timestamps can't be used, the only way I can see to get
duration info is to have a busy-waiting loop polling a
pygame.midi.Input object and manually saving pygame.midi.time()
timestamps each time a midi event is received. This seems to have two
disadvantages: 1) 100% CPU utilisation 2) timing accuracy is
determined by the latency of event handling of my code.

Can you create a minimal version of your code and post it to pastebin or something?
I've never used pygame.midi before but I've used midi for a lot of things, so I might be able to help.
-Luke