Re: [pygame] Move sprite and stop it.

Dan Ross wrote:
Here's an example of what I did to keep a player on the screen:

if key[pygame.K_DOWN]:
            player.direction = 'down'
            if player.rect.bottom < SCREEN_SIZE[1]:
                player.move(0, 5)
            else:
                pass
        elif key[pygame.K_UP]:
            player.direction = 'up'
            if player.rect.top > 30:
                player.move(0, -5)
            else:
                pass
        elif key[pygame.K_RIGHT]:
            player.direction = 'right'
            if player.rect.right < SCREEN_SIZE[0]:
                player.move(5, 0)
            else:
                pass
        elif key[pygame.K_LEFT]:
            player.direction = 'left'
            if player.rect.left > 0:
                player.move(-5, 0)
            else:
                pass

I would think using a similar method would work to limit movement to a certain point.

Dan

Thanks Dan.... is supposed, infact, that i have to make a loop checking sprite position while it's moving.....but i thought it was a newbie solution....so i preferred asking here before. I thought there was something like in cairo move_to(x,y)...if it was not i'll go by the loop....

Alkatron