Re: [pygame] High CPU usage drawing static boxes

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM, João Pinto <lamego.pinto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
I have just recently started to experiment with pygame.

I have created some code to show some letter boxes, strangely it's using 30-40% of one core on my laptop, something that I would not expect for such trivial code.

I am familiar with the implications of the pygame event loop, I am using Clock.tick(FPS) which I believe should avoid the high cpu usage.

My code is available from:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxyyzhlsu16ej95/wpop.tar.gz

Run it with: python main.py

Can someone provide me an hint about the reason for the high cpu usage and how to minimize it ?
I can't see a measurable difference in CPU usage here.  Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz.