Re: [pygame] Py_BEGIN_ALLOW_THREADS in surface.c

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Tom Rothamel <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm curious - why are Py_BEGIN_ALLOW_THREADS and Py_END_ALLOW_THREADS commented out (and otherwise missing) in surface.c? It seems like those would be the most expensive functions, and hence the ones that would benefit most from running in a threaded environment.

They're used in many other parts of pygame.

They don't work there in some situations... which I can't remember off the top of my head right now.  By don't work, I mean it causes things to crash.