Re: [pygame] pgreloaded is dead - long live PySDL2

woooohooo!

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

as written in another thread earlier, I planned to flesh out and move
pgreloaded's pygame2 package into a more simple layout. This has been done.
The result is PySDL2 [0], a thin ctypes wrapper around the SDL2 library, which
also features some enhanced functionality from pgreloaded.

The audio part of pgreloaded was moved into py-al [1], a thin wrapper around
the OpenAL audio standard, featuring some enhanced functionality from
pgreloaded.

Everything else was moved into a set of utilities [2], since it is generic
enough to be used for different purposes, but does not require you to download
the whole pgreloaded package.

Work on pgreloaded has been stopped - it grew too fast in too many directions,
which lead to a maintenance hell for a single person. The two (or three)
projects can live on their own and releases are decoupled from each other, so
that I expect the maintenance to be bearable.

All code is under the Public Domain, enjoy!

[0] https://bitbucket.org/marcusva/py-sdl2/
    http://pysdl2.readthedocs.org/

[1] https://bitbucket.org/marcusva/py-al
    http://pyal.readthedocs.org/