Re: [pygame] IDE ?

Thank you!

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PyCharm is the best bang for a free buck, but I've used WingIDE for almost 8 years too.
Both are cross platform.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 5:15 PM, David <dvp1964@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>I know there are hold outs for Emacs and Vim...(Im a Vim usermyself)
You really should differentiate between an Editor-IDE (Vim, Emacs, etc), and a real IDE which allows breakpoints, stepping through code, modifying variables in memory, attaching to running processes.

Yes, I am aware of both, the editors seem lightweight, fast, clean....but lack some of the helpful points you list for an IDE.

I have googled the hell out of this so I know there is much out there written on it.

I wanted to see what the people in this group used themselves; editors or IDEs
and although it may be a different answer, what they see being used professionally.

--
David
Running Linux since 1994

--