[pygame] pygame.image.get_extended() = 0 Tried everything- should I just give up?

Hi,

I am trying to install Pygame 1.9.2a in Mac (Yosemite) with 64bit python
there that I installed under an Anaconda install.

I made an installation for Pygame. It compiles both when I use the  SDL from
the brew installation and when I use the /Library/Frameworks install. I had
to do some stuff (like includes and stuff like that) to make it all compile
but it compiles and works.

My latest adventure was to use the SDL from the Frameworks only (I changed
the directory names for the brew stuff in Cellar so that the config would
not find them and put them into the Setup).

I added /usr/local/lib into the path so that the dynamic libraries for jpeg
and png would be there for sure.

Still pygame.image.get_extended() returns 0.

I'm totally at a loss. I do not know what get_extended() does since it's
binary so I cannot even debug this.
Does anyone have any idea that I can do or what get_extended() does so that
I can try to figure out whether it's a path error or something like this? It
shouldn't be this difficult to make this work! I'm so close and yet so far.

Please people - I'm getting to the begging zone! If there is anyone out
there who knows what I can do/try/attempt - let me know. I know we're all
excited about SDL2 and stuff, but there of some of us guys who are just
getting started here and cannot get that advanced so quickly.

Thank you for your time and help,
Jeff