Re: [pygame] Pygame for SDL 2, and how it may look.

On 04/19/2017 01:16 AM, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

Now I have experimented with separate Window and Renderer. I found a somewhat acceptable solution to the problems mentioned above. But it still felt clunky. Then, when I combined the window and renderer into on class, much of the complexity went away. The only real downside is that the window management code, the window method definitions, will be duplicated in both the WindowRenderer and WindowSurface classes. But then that is just cut and paste, provide one remembers to do it.

Why cut and paste when you can factor it out into a WindowBase class?