Re: [pygame] pygame2exe does not work

Michael Teo wrote:
> I have tried to create an executable version of pygris
> using py2exe v0.2.6. The compilation runs without any
> errors. However, when I run the executable, I get this
> error of data/pygris-large.png is not a Windows BMP file.

this is easy to fix. pygame needs the "imageext.pyd" module
when running. py2exe doesn't find this dependency by itself,
so you must include it by hand.

either include it in the list of dependencies when calling
"py2exe --force-imports pygame.imageext"

another way you can do it is simply copy the imageext.pyd
into the final directory. the imageext module depends on
SDL_image.dll, so you will likely need a copy of that too
if you do it by hand.