Re: [pygame] back port to 1.5.2

> I remember Pete sending out a note about pygame now working
> with 1.5.2 installations. I even found a note about it
> in the change logs.  Anybody (Pete?) know if this included
> a port of the install/distutils interface?  The ones I just
> checked out of CVS seem to have a number of 2.0 dependencies.

pygame should run fine on 1.5.2 (been a little while since
i tested it, but i don't think any changes would have
broken that)

there are a bunch of macros that get created in "pygame.h"
that emulate python2 functions if it is compiling with 1.5.2.
so it may look like it's using unicode and whatnot, but it
will still run with python 1.5.2

also, you need to download distutils for python1.5.2,
to get it compiled and installed. other than that it
should run perfect. i even ported most of the examples
to run with python 1.5.2.

if you do run into any troubles, be sure to let me know.
i'd like to keep the 1.5.2 support maintained, even if it
is little used. :]