Re: [pygame] display driver

Andrew Straw wrote:

I've been using OPENGL | DOUBLEBUF as flags to set_mode, but on my last browse of the SDL source, I seem to recall DOUBLEBUF as having no effect, since SDL assumes OpenGL would be double buffered anyway. Also, the HW* commands are only relevant for non-OpenGL usage.

Here's what the Vision Egg does (slightly modified):

import OpenGL.GL as gl
gl_vendor = gl.glGetString(gl.GL_VENDOR)
gl_renderer = gl.glGetString(gl.GL_RENDERER)
if gl_renderer == "GDI Generic" and gl_vendor == "Microsoft Corporation":
print "Software rendering -- expect slow frame rates"
Awesome.  I've been wanting code to do this :)  Thanks.