From: "Rene Dudfield" <renesd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pygame-users@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:48 PM
Subject: [pygame] pygame 1.7.1rc1 released.

Hey,

this is the first release candidate for pygame 1.7.1.

CVS has been tagged with release_1_7_1rc1 to mark this release candidate.

If there are no changes, or bug fixes over the next week then this
will become the 1.7.1 release.

Please report your testing here.  Thanks!

Source release:
  http://rene.f0o.com/~rene/pygame-1.7.1rc1.tar.gz
Windows binary release:
  http://rene.f0o.com/~rene/pygame-1.7.1rc1.win32-py2.4.exe

Recent notes from the WHATSNEW file:

August 10, 2005
    Fix for overlay.c to compile in windows.
    Fixed some warnings for font, and rotozoom with gcc4.
    Added an example for fastevents.
    Fix for config_unix.py with wrong paths for /usr/local

July 28, 2005
    Fix for sprite module[BUG].  fastevent module for faster sdl event
processing.
    Updated examples.

Cheers.