[pygame] is fast opengl a possibility in pygame?

hi guys.. i was checking out the NeHe opengl tutorials (opengl is very
new to me) and i'm having a good time learning. however, whenever i
run the python translations of the code, after the 7th or 8th
tutorials, the fps drops very low. so for my question: is creating a
playable game (speed-wise) a possibility with pygame and pyopengl?
probably an annoying question, but i'm curious.

drew
--
dc .. drewcore.com