Re: [pygame] movie module?

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 19:45 -0400, Mare Kuntz wrote:
> The windows version is giving the error
> "movie module not available" and the mac version is giving the error
> "movieext module not available".

I'm not sure which dependencies are provided on each platform. The
traditional "movie" module is based on SMPEG, which is pretty much dead.
it works fairly well for simple MPEG and MPEG2 movie files.

The "movieext" module is a newer version I wrote awhile back. It doesn't
support all the features of the regular "movie" module, but it is based
on libffmpeg, so it plays tons of movie and sound formats.

None, one, or both can be included when pygame is compiled, they just
require that right libraries they depend on be found.