Re: [pygame] Group.update() takes kwargs?

Peter Shinners wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 22:21 -0400, Ethan Glasser-Camp wrote:
>> It seems to me like it would be convenient to take and pass kwargs, so
>> you can update only certain aspects of the sprite.
>
> Your best bet is to derive your own Group class from the built in one.
> Change the update method to whatever args you want.

I guess if nobody's asked this question in four years, it must not be
a very common use case :).

But my question is: why? Is it for some kind of speed boost? I guess
creating the **kwargs dict does involve the creation of a new dict,
but that doesn't take too long.

Ethan