Re: [pygame] PyOpenGL

On 8/8/06, Bob Ippolito <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since when does PyOpenGL require NumPy? The version I see is from Jan
2005, about a year before NumPy even existed (under that name as its
own project).

The confusion is how the PyOpenGL site defines a "dependency"...
PyOpenGL "requires" NumPy in a lot of the same ways that PyGame
requires numeric... looks like most of the optional dependencies have
to do with "OpenGLContext" (I don't know what that is exactly, but you
don't need it with pygame + PyOpenGL)

see here:
http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/context/numeric_arrays.html

The answer to your question is most definitely "No." because normal
use involves just built-in types... but did PyOpenGL move away from
sourceforge, or is your question simply not based on reality?

The PyOpenGL Sourceforge home page is the one that lists the dependencies:
http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/installation.html

in particular, that page lists:
# Tcl/Tk appropriate for your Python version
# GLUT 3.7+
# Python Imaging Library (PIL) any recent version
# Numeric Python (Numpy) v. 23 (for PyOpenGL 2.0.1.08)

all as dependencies, but each of those is optional