[pygame] capture keystrokes in the terminal from which pgame launched?

When I start my pygame application from an xterm, and the focus is on
the xterm, keys I type into xterms are not processed. I would like to
have access to these keystrokes similarly to how I can read BUTTONDOWN
events from the event queue. One thing I can do is use
pygame.event.set_grab,  but that captures all keystrokes everywhere. I
just want the keystrokes that I type into the pygame window or its
parent xterm.

Ari.

--
Elections only count as free and trials as fair if you can lose money
betting on the outcome.